truck

Manager: Texas Roadhouse to reopen Friday after grease fire

in Fire News by

Texas Roadhouse will try to reopen by Friday afternoon.

Manager Travis Shearing said the grease fire was contained to one hood over an oven, and that it looked a lot worse than it was.

Crews were called around 6 p.m. to the kitchen fire at the restaurant, 1750 N. Bechtle Ave.

UPDATE @ 8:40 p.m.

The restaurant was evacuated and no one was hurt. Customers went home, but employees tonight were still inside working so the restaurant can be back open for business Friday.

Springfield Fire Capt. Jeremy Linn said five off-duty firefighters had to be called in to respond to the fire at Texas Roadhouse because of the fires in the afternoon on Gallagher Street, where a vacant house caught fire and flames spread to two other dwellings.

UPDATE @ 8:15 p.m.

The fire was contained to the kitchen tonight at Texas Roadhouse in Springfield, fire officials said.

FIRST REPORT

A fire broke out at dinnertime at Texas Roadhouse.

The fire started around 6 p.m. at the restaurant, 1750 N. Bechtle Ave.

A Home Depot worker said he was on break when he saw a large amount of black smoke pouring out of Texas Roadhouse.

“It was real thick,” Christopher Craft said of the smoke that billowed from the roof for about 20 to 30 seconds. “Right after that it kind of dissipated and was white smoke.”

Craft said he only noticed a small bit of damage to the roof from the fire. He said there were two fire engines and an ambulance that responded, and that he saw the restaurant employees off the the side of the building while firefighters were on scene. He said any diners inside had to leave, and the parking lot was cleared out.


Source: WHIO.COM